Top List of Military School in India
Table of Contents
Top List of Military School in India
The Ministry of Defence executes Rashtriya Military Schools, residential public schools with an English language education for students in Classes VI through XII who are children of service members and civilians.
The Indian Public School Conference (IPSC) was founded with these schools as the first member. These schools were among the first public institutions in India when they opened their doors in 1925.
Their mission is to “deliver excellent education and prepare cadets for recruitment in the Defence Services.”
So let’s take a look on some of the RMS institutions in India:
RASHTRIYA MILITARY SCHOOL, CHAIL
- The Ministry of Defence runs the residential English-medium Rashtriya Military School Chail (Shimla Hills). The Prince of Wales lay the school’s foundation in February 1922, and it opened in Jalandhar Cantt in September 1925.
- The school changed its location to Nowgong (MP) in 1952, and then in 1960, it shifted to its current site in Chail. With effect from January 1, 1966, the school’s name was changed to Chail Military School; as of June 25, 2007, it is now Rashtriya Military School Chail.
- On all working days, the school office is open from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. The office is closed on Sundays and major holidays. The principal is the institution’s academic and administrative commander and an Army executive officer with the rank of captain or major helps them.
- The school is located in the scenic beauty of Himalayan forests at 7500 feet above the average sea level. The area enjoys a healthy climate and ranks highly on India’s tourist map.
- On the Kalka-Shimla line, Chail is located 85 km from Kalka and 29 km from Kandaghat. From Kalka to Kandaghat, one can go by narrow gauge train, and from there, one can travel to Chail by bus.
Get best coaching for Military school in India
RASHTRIYA MILITARY SCHOOL, AJMER
- Rashtriya Military School Ajmer, was established on November 15, 1930. It is situated on 87 acres and offers an amazing view of the hills in the area.
- The school was reorganized in 1952 along the lines of a public school, and admissions were opened to the sons of officers in the military and civilians. The school joined the India Public School Conference (IPSC) in 1954.
- The Rashtriya Military School Ajmer is a category ‘A’ establishment operated by the Ministry of Defence and is a participating member of the IPSC. It is an English medium school connected with CBSE, New Delhi.
- The school’s former motto, “Play the Game,” was replaced in 1966 with “Sheelam Param Bhushanam,” which means “Character is the highest virtue.” ‘Rashtriya Military School Ajmer’ became the school’s official name on June 25, 2007.
- . The recently completed gate on Jaipur Road provides access to the school. Aravali hills around Ajmer city, which is situated in the middle of Rajasthan. The lakes “Ana Sagar” and “Foy Sagar” increase this city’s charm.
- The world is familiar with Ajmer thanks to Pushkar, the Dargah Sharif, and its open-minded Sufi culture. In terms of climate, Ajmer experiences hot summers and mild winters. Even in the height of summer, evenings are really nice.
RASHTRIYA MILITARY SCHOOL, BELGAUM
- The Rashtriya Military School at Belgaum, in the area that was then the region of Bombay, was established on December 30, 1945..
- This was the fourth establishment of its kind in the nation. Initially, only sons of JCOs, ORs, and their identical positions in the Navy and Air Force were allowed to enroll in the school.
- The School was affiliated with the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi, in 1963, and the boys started appearing for the Board’s Higher Secondary Examination.
- The School is perfectly situated in Belgaum Cantonment, which is an outlying region of Belgaum City, one of the fastest-growing cities in northwest Karnataka.
- Belgaum district shares a border with Goa and Maharashtra. Hubli, one of the larger junctions on the South-Central Railway, is about 100 km away (by road).
RASHTRIYA MILITARY SCHOOL, BANGALORE
- The King George Royal Indian Military College in Bangalore was founded on August 1st, 1946 to help South Indian defence officers’ sons with their education.
- The School was reorganized in September 1952 and opened to both civilians and the sons of senior officers.. ‘Play the Game’ was the school’s motto.
- The school adopted the Sanskrit Shloka “Sheelam Param Bhushanm,” which means “Character is the highest virtue,” as its new motto in 1969.
- The school’s name was changed to “Rashtriya Military School” Bangalore in July 2007.
- Rashtriya Military School, Bangalore is situated on Hosur Road, next to MG Road, in Richmond Town. The primary markers for finding RMS Bangalore are Johnson Market and Saint Philomena’s Hospital.
- State Bus Stand is 7 kilometers, City Railway Station is 8.5 kilometers, and Cantonment Railway Station is 5.6 kilometers from the school. The distance from the school to Bengaluru International Airport is 36 km.
RASHTRIYA MILITARY SCHOOL, DHOLPUR
- The fifth and latest of the five RMS institutions was Rashtriya Military School, Dholpur. The School, established on July 16, 1962, is the only Rashtriya Military School to be established following Independence.
- The School is housed in a regal palace provided by the former Maharaja of Dholpur, Udaybhan Singh, and is situated on the Dholpur-Bari Highway.
- The School Campus occupies a portion of the Royal Estate that is larger than 1500 acres. Despite being the newest, the School has grown to become one of the top residential public institutions in the nation, having graduated from all over the world.
- A distance of 10.5 kilometers separates Dholpur City from Rashtriya Military School, Dholpur. Dholpur is located along National Highway No. 3 and the New Delhi to Bhopal Main Central Railway Line.
- Nearly all regions of the country are easily accessible from the city.
A specific learning environment is provided by military schools, which place a strong focus on respect for authority, leadership, discipline, and patriotism. These institutions offer an in-depth education that educates learners for success in the military or any other occupation requiring discipline and leadership.
Traditional academic coursework, physical education, and military instruction are all part of the academic program of military schools. Military schools can be the best option for your child if you’re searching for a school that places a strong emphasis on discipline, leadership, and character development.
- Who is eligible for RMS qualification?
No necessary education is required for admission to Class 6. But before the date of registration to a Rashtriya Military School, you need to have completed Class 8 from a government- or recognized school.
- Can civilians join RMS?
Yes, Rashtriya Military Schools are residential public schools with English medium that are operated by the Ministry of Defence to provide high-quality instruction to children of military personnel and civilians in Classes VI through XII.
- How do you get selected in RMS?
The Common Entrance Test is the first step. Students who pass the Rashtriya Military School CET 2023 are then invited to an interview or medical examination. Following that, candidates are chosen in order of merit based on their combined scores from the admissions test and the interview.
- Which is best RMS school?
RMS Dholpur is listed by EducationWorld India School as one of the top boys boarding institutions in India.