Rashtriya Military school in Dehradun
About Rashtriya Military school Dehradun
Rashtriya Military schools were established as King George’s Royal Indian Military schools to require care of the education of the sons of defense personnel. In 1952, the faculties were reorganized on Public School lines and admissions were made hospitable to the sons of Defence Service Officers and civilians. In 1954, the school became a member of the Indian Public Schools Conference (IPSC) and continues to be an active member to date. The schools were renamed Military Schools in 1966 and its old motto, ‘Play the Game’ was replaced with ‘Sheelem Param Bhushanam’ which suggests Character is that the Highest Virtue. On 25th Jun 2007, the faculties got their present name “Rashtriya Military School”. The school has several of its alumni occupying high positions within the soldiers and in other sectors doing stellar service to the motherland.
Why Join Doon Sainik Academy For RMS Coaching in Dehradun?
Doon Sainik Academy provides the best RMS coaching in Dehradun. The academy not only provides coaching for RMS school but for other schools as well such as Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, The Doon School, Welham Schools, etc. Along with the coaching for the entrance exam for different schools.
Moving back to RMS coaching in Dehradun, Doon Sainik Academy prepares the students for the admissions in VI & IX standards as RMS provides admissions only in VI & IX classes. The students can join Doon Sainik Academy from any part of India to get RIMC coaching in Dehradun. What makes Doon Sainik Academy one of the best options for Rashtriya Military school coaching in Dehradun?
Importance of Doon Sainik Academy
- Doon Sainik Academy has the expert faculty members who provide the best Rashtriya Military school coaching in Dehradun.
- Doon Sainik Academy offers a competitive environment that helps you to motivate your morals.
- The faculties conduct class tests on a regular basis to monitor the preparation of the students so far.
- Doon Sainik Academy provides the best study material for the Rashtriya Military school entrance exam preparation. They will also recommend the books for the RMS entrance exam that will cover the complete syllabus of the entrance exam.
- The faculty at Doon Sainik Academy motivates their students in the class to do well so that they can finally perform well in the entrance exam.
- The students can also get last year’s question paper of the RMS entrance exam to get an idea about the pattern of the question being asked in the entrance exam.
- There is flexibility in the classes for the comfort of the students.
- The students who are not able to join the regular classes can also join the weekend classes to get the best RMS coaching in Dehradun.
- The students also get individual one-on-one guidelines to do better in the preparation of the RMS entrance exam.
Who are eligible to apply for the Rashtriya Military school Entrance Exam?
- Only male students are eligible to apply for RMS admissions.
- For admissions in VI standard, the age limit of the students must be between 10 to 11 years as of 1st July of the admission year.
- For admissions in IX standard, the age limit of the students must be between 13 to 14 years as of 1st July of the admission year.
- The relaxation in upper age will be provided up to 6 months for the war of personnel killed in action.
- For admission in VI standard, the students must have passed V standard from a recognized School before the date of admission at RMS. The students appearing in the V standard are eligible to appear in the respective entrance test.
- For admission in IX standard, the students must have passed VIII standard from a recognized School before the date of admission at Rashtriya Military school.
Syllabus of the entrance exam of RMS
|Mathematics Syllabus||Temperature, Lines & Angles, Ratio & proportion, Area & perimeter, Square root, Simple interest, Average, Percentage, Profit & Loss, Unitary method, Fractions, HCF & LCM, Natural numbers, etc.|
|GK Syllabus||Inventions & inventors, Some historical events/ landmarks, Games & sports, Capitals & Currencies, National parks & sanctuaries located in India, important townships on Rivers, Countries, Indian Armed Forces, Atomic power stations in India, Important days, Classical Dance forms of India, States of India, Union territories, important facts about India, etc.|
|English Syllabus||Antonyms & Synonyms, Articles & prepositions, Conjunctions, Letter writing, English grammar, Idioms, One-word substitution Vocabulary, etc.|
|Intelligence Test||Coding & Decoding, Alphabetical arrangement of words, Classification, analogy test, series completion, mathematics operations, etc.|
Reservation of vacancies
As per last year’s data, the reservation of vacancies available at Rashtriya Military school is as follows-
- For the wards of JCOs/ OR of Army, Navy & Air Force (Including ex-servicemen)- 70%
- For the wards of Officers of Army, Navy & Air Force (Including retired officers & wards of civilians- 30%
- 50% seats are reserved for the wards of Service personnel killed in action.
- 15% & 7.5% seats are reserved for the reserved categories like SC & ST.
Interview & Result
RMS Personal Interview
The students who qualify in the entrance exam of Rashtriya Military school will be called for a personal interview at the respective RMS campus.
The final merit list for the admissions will be prepared as per the result of a personal interview. The result will be available online on the official website of Rashtriya Military school.